Coastrider Surf Academy home beach where we offer fantastic compact surf programs throughout the surf season, so check it out and book fast as these programs fill fast.
CLIFTON BEACH – TERM TIME PROGRAMS
Choose from after school or weekend programs that run for 4 to 6 weeks. Surfing weekly will grow your confidence over time in the surf and give you a chance to have stacks of fun with new surf buddies each week. Clifton Beach is Tasmania’s most popular and well-known surfing beach, with the South Corner (aka kiddie corner) ideal for our Surfing lessons. These programs are suitable for all Surfgrom skill levels including Level 1 first timers.
Clifton Beach Surf Lessons
If you miss a session you are able to do a makeup session at another groms program during the same term time.
Coastrider Surf Academy Woolworths SurfGroms offers youngsters aged between 5 and 12 years old the opportunity to learn how to surf in a fun, safe and supervised environment, whilst also learning vital ocean awareness and beach safety skills.
Surfgroms work through skill levels during their surfing programs, with all first-time surfers starting at Level 1 in their first program.
At the completion of each level the groms will have their logbook signed off and a skill level certificate awarded.
Coastrider Surf Academy is Tasmania’s most renowned surf school and recognised as one of the Australia’s leading Surfgrom suppliers.
If you require any additional info please contact Jono on 0419324921.
What Happens at Each Lesson
- Roll up at the Beach 5-10min prior to your start time, meet us at the Coastrider Trailer and Bus in the Car Park.
- Your SURFGROM coaches will be introduced and get you sorted with a wetsuit and board.
- We will split the group into Minigroms 5-8 yo, and Supergroms 9-12 yo.
- The Mini Groms and Supergroms are then split into their skill level – Level 1-5.
- We start with some beach-based technique and surf safety info. We are big on getting it right on the beach and getting you ready to hit the waves.
- You then hit the waves in conditions suitable for your ability.
- We will surf as much as possible but also mix it up with some surf specific beach games and activities, also working on logbooks throughout the program.
- A feedback session with goals for next lesson will be done before getting changed.
- At the final session, we will tick off completed skills and knowledge in your logbook and award a skill level certificate and other spot prizes.
Please note: When registering for your first time Woolworths SurfGroms program each season, you will be required to become a member of Woolworths SurfGroms, this will incur a $25 membership fee for the season beginning 1st September and ending 31st August. You will be charged at point of purchase on this website. If you do more than 1 program for the season you will not be charged this admin fee again.
What to Bring
- Drinking water
- Warm jacket
- Snacks – for you and the coaches love muffins…
- A decent amount of determination…
- You can use your own wetsuit and softboard if you have one.
- Surfboard – we have a range of softboards to suits your size and ability.
- Wetsuit – Full-length warm wetsuits from a leading surf company are supplied, we have all sizes available.
- Professional Instruction from our qualified, well trained and enthusiastic surf coaches.