Choose from after school or weekend programs that run for 4 to 5 weeks. Surfing weekly will grow your confidence over time in the surf and give you a chance to have new surf buddies!
Coastrider Surf Academy home beach where we offer fantastic compact surf programs throughout the surf season, so check it out and book fast as these programs fill fast. Clifton Beach is Tasmania’s most popular and well-known surfing beach, with the South Corner (aka kiddie corner) ideal for our surfing lessons. These programs are suitable for all Surfgrom skill levels including Level 1 first-timers.
- 2 Day Program
- 3 Day Program
- 4 Day Program
- 4 Week Program
Clifton Beach Surf Lessons
Coastrider Surf Academy nudie SurfGroms offers youngsters aged between 5 and 12 years old the opportunity to learn how to surf in a fun, safe and supervised environment, whilst also learning vital ocean awareness and beach safety skills. Surfgroms work through skill levels during their surfing programs, with all first-time surfers starting at Level 1 in their first program.
At the completion of each level, the groms will have their logbook signed off and a skill level wristband will be awarded. Coastrider Surf Academy is Tasmania’s most renowned surf school and recognised as one of Australia’s leading Surfgrom suppliers. As an extra bonus, every participant receives a Rip Curl backpack, Rip Curl surf towel and nudie SurfGroms rash vest!
If you can’t make every session of a particular program then you are able to do a makeup session at one of our other Surfgrom programs running during the same time of year. If you require any additional info please contact Jono on 0419324921.
What Happens at Each Lesson
- Roll up at the beach 5-10min prior to your start time, meet us at the Coastrider Trailer and Bus in the Car Park.
- Your SURFGROM coaches will be introduced and get you sorted with a wetsuit and board.
- We will split the group into Minigroms 5-8 yo, and Supergroms 9-12 yo.
- The Mini Groms and Supergroms are then split into their skill level – Level 1-5.
- We start with some beach-based techniques and surf safety info. We are big on getting it right on the beach and getting you ready to hit the waves.
- You then hit the waves in conditions suitable for your ability.
- We will surf as much as possible but also mix it up with some surf specific beach games and activities, also working on logbooks throughout the program.
- A feedback session with goals for the next lesson will be done before getting changed.
- At the final session, we will tick off completed skills and knowledge in your logbook and award a skill level wristband and other spot prizes.
Please note: When registering for your first time nudie SurfGroms program each year, you will be required to become a member of nudie SurfGroms, this will incur a $25 membership fee for the season beginning 1st September, 2018 and ending 31st August, 2019. This membership includes delivery of your Groms Rip Curl pack being delivered to your front door. You will be charged at point of purchase on this website. If you do more than 1 program for the season you will not be charged this admin fee again.
What to Bring
- nudie Surfgroms Logbook
- nudie Surfgroms Rash Vest
- Drinking water
- Warm jacket
- Snacks – for you and the coaches love muffins…
- A decent amount of determination…
- You can use your own wetsuit and soft board if you have one.
Every child registered for a nudie SurfGroms program will receive a Rip Curl participant pack at the start of each season.
You will receive your Rip Curl Pack at your first lesson. To ensure it arrives on time please register with plenty of time, if you register within 2 weeks of your program commencing your pack may arrive a little late, rest assured it will be delivered directly to your surf school within a reasonable timeframe.
The pack includes:
- Rip Curl Backpack
- Rip Curl Hat
- nudie SurfGroms rash-vest
- nudie brekkie
- Woolworths fresh food Guide