Coastrider Surf Academy home beach where we offer fantastic compact surf programs throughout the surf season, so check it out and book fast as these programs fill fast.
- 2 Day Program
NW Coast Surf Lessons
The NW Coast is the perfect place to get your grom into the surfing lifestyle with generally gentle and small swell and plenty of surfing locations. Join one of our Compact 2 consecutive day programs to learn to surf and better understand Ocean Safety. This program is great to first time Level 1 surfgroms, and those groms looking to upskill to Level 2/3.
Coastrider Surf Academy nudie SurfGroms offers youngsters aged between 5 and 12 years old the opportunity to learn how to surf in a fun, safe and supervised environment, whilst also learning vital ocean awareness and beach safety skills. Surfgroms work through skill levels during their surfing programs, with all first-time surfers starting at Level 1 in their first program.
At the completion of each level, the groms will have their logbook signed off and a skill level wristband will be awarded. Coastrider Surf Academy is Tasmania’s most renowned surf school and recognised as one of Australia’s leading Surfgrom suppliers.
What Happens at Each Lesson
- Roll up at the beach 5-10min prior to your start time, meet us at the Coastrider Trailer and Bus in the Car Park.
- Your SURFGROM coaches will be introduced and get you sorted with a wetsuit and board.
- We will split the group into Minigroms 5-8 yo, and Supergroms 9-12 yo.
- The Mini Groms and Supergroms are then split into their skill level – Level 1-5.
- We start with some beach-based techniques and surf safety info. We are big on getting it right on the beach and getting you ready to hit the waves.
- You then hit the waves in conditions suitable for your ability.
- We will surf as much as possible but also mix it up with some surf specific beach games and activities, also working on logbooks throughout the program.
- A feedback session with goals for the next lesson will be done before getting changed.
- At the final session, we will tick off completed skills and knowledge in your logbook and award a skill level wristband and other spot prizes.
Please note: When registering for your first time nudie SurfGroms program each year, you will be required to become a member of nudie SurfGroms, this will incur a $25 membership fee for the season beginning 1st November, 2020 and ending 31st August, 2021. You will be charged at point of purchase on this website. If you do more than 1 program for the season you will not be charged this admin fee again.
What to Bring
- Drinking water
- Warm jacket
- Snacks – for you and the coaches love muffins…
- A decent amount of determination…
- You can use your own wetsuit and softboard if you have one.
- Surfboard – we have a range of softboards to suits your size and ability.
- Wetsuit – Full-length warm wetsuits from a leading surf company are supplied, we have all sizes available.
- Professional Instruction from our qualified, well trained and enthusiastic surf coaches.