nudie SurfGroms adopts an approach to learning that uses group-based games to not only equip your child with the skills they need to surf and/or SUP, but also to encourage their participation by having fun.
Surfing Services Australia has fast become the no.1 Currumbin Alley Surf School, as voted by you on Trip Advisor. Operating for over 10 years we are the only licensed surf school at this iconic Gold Coast surfing location.
Our Currumbin Alley surf school is family owned and operated. Mark Richardson and his wife Bianca are living the dream of sharing their passion and love of the sport to people of all ages and abilities. Surfing Services Australia strives to give everyone the chance to discover the thrill and excitement of catching waves while extending their ability through our expert advice for beginners to elite surfers.
About Coach Mark ‘Richo’ Richardson
Richo has won the Australian Surfing Championship five times and is a former Australian Junior Team Coach. He has been involved in the selection of our National Surfing Teams, and helped these teams win a combined six gold medals for Australia.
He has also coached many of the world’s best surfers including:
- Joel Parkinson (2012 ASP World Champion)
- Courtney Conlogue (Women’s ASP current World no. 1)
- Dax McGill (2012 ISA World Junior Champion)
- Mitchell Parkinson (World Junior Champion)
- Plus many other WQS, Pro Juniors and up and coming surfers around the world
Along with over 12 years enjoying his role as a surfing coach, Richo has more than 30 years of competitive surfing experience and continues to compete on a national level, winning state and national titles.
One of the most experienced surfing coaches in Australia, Richo specialises in contest preparation and when Mark isn’t in the water, he’s giving local Gold Coast radio surf reports.
Richo’s elite team of coaches at his Currumbin Alley surf school have the experience and expertise you want when you hit the waves. We look forward to giving you your best chance at success. Contact our elite team today!
Our mission is to provide a unique coaching service that takes you from Beginner level to Intermediate and on to High Performance surfing if you desire. We do this by combining personalised progressive coaching with the right skills to ensure you receive the best advice and training techniques on offer with our elite team of Australia’s Best Surf Coaches.
- Terms and Conditions
In consideration of Organisers accepting my application to participate in the Program, I acknowledge, understand and agree that:
1. “Organisers” for the purposes of this declaration means the Surf School and includes, where the context so permits, Surfing Australia Ltd (“SA”), SA affiliated state surfing associations and their respective directors, officers, members, servants or agents.
2. Warning: Participating in the Program can be inherently dangerous. I understand the nature and requirements of the Program and acknowledge that serious accidents can and often do happen which may result in me being seriously injured or even killed. I have voluntarily read and understood this warning and accept and assume the inherent risks in participating in the Program.
3. Physical Fitness: I must not participate in the Program if I have any injury, disability, medical or health condition that may increase the risk of me becoming injured unless I have told SA about it and they have authorised me to participate. I declare that I am medically and physically fit and able to participate in the Program and I will immediately notify SA of any change to my fitness and ability to participate. I understand and accept that SA will continue to rely on this declaration as evidence of my fitness and ability to participate.
4. Instructions: I will at all times comply with the instructions and safety procedures of SA.
5. Medical Treatment: If required, SA will arrange medical or hospital treatment (including ambulance transportation) for me. I authorise such actions being taken by SA and agree to meet all costs associated with such action.
6. Release & Indemnity: My participation in the Program is entirely at my own risk and I agree to:
(a) Release and forever discharge SA from all liability and Claims that I may have or may have had but for this release arising from or in connection with my participation in the Program;
(b) Indemnify and hold harmless SA to the extent permitted by law in respect of any Claim by any person including but not only another participant in the Program arising as a result of or in connection with my participation in the Program.
In this clause 6 “Claims” means and includes any action, suit, proceeding, claim, demand, damage, penalty, cost or expense however arising (including negligence, trespass to the person or for breach of implied terms in the sale of services under section 74 of the Trade Practices Act (1974) Cth and equivalent provisions contained in State sale of goods or fair trading legislation).
7. Identity: Photographic and or visual images taken by SA of my participation in the Program may be used for general promotion of SA activities.
8. Privacy: I understand that the information provided by me in this form is necessary for the operation of the Program. I acknowledge and agree that the information will only be used for the objects of SA and to provide me with information pertaining to the Program and SA activities. I understand that I will be able to access my information through SA upon request. If the information is not provided I might not be permitted to participate in the Program.
I have read, understood, acknowledge and agree to the following declaration including the warning, release and indemnity.
We surf in all weather and surf conditions providing it is safe. If the surf is too big, or the conditions unsafe, then we will reschedule the lesson. If we change the time and you are unable to come to the new lesson, then we will provide a refund. Otherwise there are no refunds, transfers to other people, or cancellations.
Customer service is important to us. We want your online payment experience to be fast, friendly and most importantly secure. Our online payment site is operated by SA affiliated surf school and FareHarbor.
Our Surf School is dedicated to keeping your details private. Any information, we collect in relation to you, is kept strictly secured. We use this information to identify your orders, and to provide you with further information about your Surfing Lessons or Gift Vouchers.
When purchasing products from our surf school, your financial details are passed through our secure server using the latest 128 – bit SSL (secure sockets layer) encryption technology and it is again encrypted using encryption algorithm, which is at least 64 – bit. 128 – bit SSL encryption is approximated to take at least one trillion, trillion years to break.