nudie SurfGroms adopts an approach to learning that uses group-based games to not only equip your child with the skills they need to surf and/or SUP, but also to encourage their participation by having fun.
Solitary Islands Surf School started back in 2011 on the same day Surfing Australia launched it’s national junior development program VEGEMITE SurfGroms, now known as Weet-Bix SurfGroms
From here, things got moving fairly quickly! Solitary Islands Surf School had the perfect locations on the northern beaches of the Coffs Coast. Big headlands offer great protection from the wind, and the beaches are nice and flat which is perfect for surfers of all ages and ability. This combined with the fact we’re located right at the heart of the Solitary Islands Marine Park, and you have some of Australia’s most pristine locations to surf in!!
Solitary Islands Surf School is owned and operated by 2 friends who were both born and bred at Emerald Beach. Harley Ingleby is a 2 times world longboard champion who is widely known as one of the best rounded surfers In Australia. While Harley is well known in surfing circles for his 2 world titles he is also very well respected for his ability to ride a variety of surfboards at the highest level. These days Harley produces some of the best imagery in surfing with his amazing GoPro video and photos that really showcase surfing on the Coffs Coast.
Darryn Quigley has spent most of his adult life surf coaching and running surf school operations in Australia and around the world. In 2009 Darryn found himself in the role of Sports Development Manager at Surfing Western Australia and while the position was a dream job home was at Emerald Beach on the Coffs Coast. Years of experience running surf schools, developing learn to surf programs and delivering level 1 coaching courses now had Darryn ready to start his own operation. Joining forces with best mate and one of Coffs Coasts most recognisable surfers was a no brainer and the perfect balance for Solitary Islands Surf School to develop into one of Australia’s premiere surf schools which it is today.
In 2013 Sawtell Surf School became part of the Solitary Islands Surf School family. Original founder Caspian O’Donnell saw the partnership as a great opportunity to be part of a dynamic surf school operation. Adding the charm of Sawtell Beach to the already established locations on the northern beaches of the Coffs Coast. A short 5 minute drive from Coffs Harbour Sawtell has some of the best cafes and restaurants on the Coffs Coast which is just what you need after a great surf lesson. Our Sawtell operation is still run by Caspian who is one of the most liked and respected local surfers in the area.
- Terms and Conditions
In consideration of Organisers accepting my application to participate in the Program, I acknowledge, understand and agree that:
1. “Organisers” for the purposes of this declaration means the Surf School and includes, where the context so permits, Surfing Australia Ltd (“SA”), SA affiliated state surfing associations and their respective directors, officers, members, servants or agents.
2. Warning: Participating in the Program can be inherently dangerous. I understand the nature and requirements of the Program and acknowledge that serious accidents can and often do happen which may result in me being seriously injured or even killed. I have voluntarily read and understood this warning and accept and assume the inherent risks in participating in the Program.
3. Physical Fitness: I must not participate in the Program if I have any injury, disability, medical or health condition that may increase the risk of me becoming injured unless I have told SA about it and they have authorised me to participate. I declare that I am medically and physically fit and able to participate in the Program and I will immediately notify SA of any change to my fitness and ability to participate. I understand and accept that SA will continue to rely on this declaration as evidence of my fitness and ability to participate.
4. Instructions: I will at all times comply with the instructions and safety procedures of SA.
5. Medical Treatment: If required, SA will arrange medical or hospital treatment (including ambulance transportation) for me. I authorise such actions being taken by SA and agree to meet all costs associated with such action.
6. Release & Indemnity: My participation in the Program is entirely at my own risk and I agree to:
(a) Release and forever discharge SA from all liability and Claims that I may have or may have had but for this release arising from or in connection with my participation in the Program;
(b) Indemnify and hold harmless SA to the extent permitted by law in respect of any Claim by any person including but not only another participant in the Program arising as a result of or in connection with my participation in the Program.
In this clause 6 “Claims” means and includes any action, suit, proceeding, claim, demand, damage, penalty, cost or expense however arising (including negligence, trespass to the person or for breach of implied terms in the sale of services under section 74 of the Trade Practices Act (1974) Cth and equivalent provisions contained in State sale of goods or fair trading legislation).
7. Identity: Photographic and or visual images taken by SA of my participation in the Program may be used for general promotion of SA activities.
8. Privacy: I understand that the information provided by me in this form is necessary for the operation of the Program. I acknowledge and agree that the information will only be used for the objects of SA and to provide me with information pertaining to the Program and SA activities. I understand that I will be able to access my information through SA upon request. If the information is not provided I might not be permitted to participate in the Program.
I have read, understood, acknowledge and agree to the following declaration including the warning, release and indemnity.
We surf in all weather and surf conditions providing it is safe. If the surf is too big, or the conditions unsafe, then we will reschedule the lesson. If we change the time and you are unable to come to the new lesson, then we will provide a refund. Otherwise there are no refunds, transfers to other people, or cancellations.
Customer service is important to us. We want your online payment experience to be fast, friendly and most importantly secure. Our online payment site is operated by SA affiliated surf school and FareHarbor.
Our Surf School is dedicated to keeping your details private. Any information, we collect in relation to you, is kept strictly secured. We use this information to identify your orders, and to provide you with further information about your Surfing Lessons or Gift Vouchers.
When purchasing products from our surf school, your financial details are passed through our secure server using the latest 128 – bit SSL (secure sockets layer) encryption technology and it is again encrypted using encryption algorithm, which is at least 64 – bit. 128 – bit SSL encryption is approximated to take at least one trillion, trillion years to break.