Woolworths SurfGroms adopts an approach to learning that uses group-based games to not only equip your child with the skills they need to surf and/or SUP, but also to encourage their participation by having fun.
North Caloundra Surf School has been operating surf classes for children for over 20 years. Have your child learn to surf with expert coaches, on quality learn to surf equipment in the pristine waves of Caloundra. When you book in to the Weekly SurfGroms program we can be flexible with the lessons you would like your child to attend. Classes are held on Saturdays, Sundays, and school holidays (pending suitable weather/surfing conditions). Times of classes are generally mid-morning and may vary from lesson to lesson to suit optimum safe learning conditions for the children.
North Caloundra Surf School – Caloundra’s Original Surf School was established two decades ago by Russell Hoffman so he could share the experience of surfing (his lifelong passion) with all who are keen to join in the fun!
Once a sport only for the brave, dedicated and extremely fit, nowadays your whole family from children to senior citizens can enjoy the thrill of the waves with the help of professional instructors and safe boards designed for beginners. As a Surfing Australia surf school, North Caloundra Surf School is recognised as being on the cutting edge when it comes to teaching surfing and is now a provider of surfing as a school sport to most local primary schools.
Whether you are interested in private lessons, joining the popular weekend and holiday group classes or have your own group, our professional team of male and female instructors are ready year round to help bring your surfing dreams to life! Providing you the best service is of the greatest importance to us. Unlike other surf schools on the Sunshine Coast, North Caloundra Surf School has two beaches, Dicky Beach and King’s Beach (both within a short distance of each other) where you can learn to surf with us. This ensures your lesson is always in the best and safest learn to surf waves available.
In consideration of Organisers accepting my application to participate in the Program, I acknowledge, understand and agree that:
1. “Organisers” for the purposes of this declaration means the Surf School and includes, where the context so permits, Surfing Australia Ltd (“SA”), SA affiliated state surfing associations and their respective directors, officers, members, servants or agents.
2. Warning: Participating in the Program can be inherently dangerous. I understand the nature and requirements of the Program and acknowledge that serious accidents can and often do happen which may result in me being seriously injured or even killed. I have voluntarily read and understood this warning and accept and assume the inherent risks in participating in the Program.
3. Physical Fitness: I must not participate in the Program if I have any injury, disability, medical or health condition that may increase the risk of me becoming injured unless I have told SA about it and they have authorised me to participate. I declare that I am medically and physically fit and able to participate in the Program and I will immediately notify SA of any change to my fitness and ability to participate. I understand and accept that SA will continue to rely on this declaration as evidence of my fitness and ability to participate.
4. Instructions: I will at all times comply with the instructions and safety procedures of SA.
5. Medical Treatment: If required, SA will arrange medical or hospital treatment (including ambulance transportation) for me. I authorise such actions being taken by SA and agree to meet all costs associated with such action.
6. Release & Indemnity: My participation in the Program is entirely at my own risk and I agree to:
(a) Release and forever discharge SA from all liability and Claims that I may have or may have had but for this release arising from or in connection with my participation in the Program;
(b) Indemnify and hold harmless SA to the extent permitted by law in respect of any Claim by any person including but not only another participant in the Program arising as a result of or in connection with my participation in the Program.
In this clause 6 “Claims” means and includes any action, suit, proceeding, claim, demand, damage, penalty, cost or expense however arising (including negligence, trespass to the person or for breach of implied terms in the sale of services under section 74 of the Trade Practices Act (1974) Cth and equivalent provisions contained in State sale of goods or fair trading legislation).
7. Identity: Photographic and or visual images taken by SA of my participation in the Program may be used for general promotion of SA activities.
8. Privacy: I understand that the information provided by me in this form is necessary for the operation of the Program. I acknowledge and agree that the information will only be used for the objects of SA and to provide me with information pertaining to the Program and SA activities. I understand that I will be able to access my information through SA upon request. If the information is not provided I might not be permitted to participate in the Program.
I have read, understood, acknowledge and agree to the following declaration including the warning, release and indemnity.
We surf in all weather and surf conditions providing it is safe. If the surf is too big, or the conditions unsafe, then we will reschedule the lesson. If we change the time and you are unable to come to the new lesson, then we will provide a refund. Otherwise there are no refunds, transfers to other people, or cancellations.
Customer service is important to us. We want your online payment experience to be fast, friendly and most importantly secure. Our online payment site is operated by SA affiliated surf school and FareHarbor.
Our Surf School is dedicated to keeping your details private. Any information, we collect in relation to you, is kept strictly secured. We use this information to identify your orders, and to provide you with further information about your Surfing Lessons or Gift Vouchers.
When purchasing products from our surf school, your financial details are passed through our secure server using the latest 128 – bit SSL (secure sockets layer) encryption technology and it is again encrypted using encryption algorithm, which is at least 64 – bit. 128 – bit SSL encryption is approximated to take at least one trillion, trillion years to break.