Location 1: NW north coast location, 52 Berkshire parade penguin 7316
Location 2: Southern location, 34 Dysart St. Clifton Beach 7020
Location 3: East coast 14, Cherrywood drive Scamander 7215
42 South Surf School conduct classes at various locations across the state for all levels of skill development. Our Hobart and Bicheno Coaches Felix and Elliot Goward are also qualified PE and OED Teachers with strong coaching backgrounds. We are based on the East Coast at Scamander and Bicheno and Clifton Beach in the South and have been operating since 1999.
- Bookings for all surf lessons are essential. Bookings for our daily group surf lessons must be made at least the day prior to your lesson. We recommend bookings for all other surf lessons be made at least 48 hours in advance to ensure we can make a time suitable for you.
- Risk Acceptance: While it is an exciting pastime, surfing does involve some dangers that are unpredictable. There is always the chance that participants can be hurt of injured in this activity and so every participant is required to complete our Declaration Form before entering any 42 South Surf School program. Parents / guardians must complete the form if the participant is under the age of 18.
- We meet at the beach 15 minutes prior to surf lessons.
- 24 hours notice must be provided to cancel your surf lesson.
- Unfortunately no refunds can be given if, for any reason, you have to leave early while participating in a surf lesson.
- Once you have started your course, surf lessons are not transferable to anyone else.
- Our beaches, and all beaches for that matter, are at times subject to currents, troughs, rips, shallow sandbanks and strong winds. We strongly advise you to take the time to consider these factors before you sign the Declaration Form and participate in a surf lesson.
- We reserve the right to cancel or postpone surf lessons due to poor or dangerous surf conditions.
- Cancellation Policy: Cancellations advised with 24 hours notice before your surf lesson are fully refundable. Cancellations inside of 24 hours of surf lesson will be charged a $30 administration Fee. Cancellations made inside 4 hours of your surf lesson will result in full amount for the lesson payable by you.
- Even on rainy days, lessons will be still be held. We’re all going to get wet anyway.
- Lessons run for 2 hours .
Lessons can be booked via this website or by simply phoning our mobile number the day prior to your intended lesson. We will advise you on the time and location of where the lesson will be held the next day. Should the phone be unattended, please leave your name, telephone number and a brief message on our answering machine and we will return your call later in the day.
All surfing equipment is provided in our Daily Group Surf Lessons – softboards, wetsuits (if required) and rash-vest. All you’ll need to bring are swimmers or board-shorts, a towel, and water. Sunscreen is available but we recommend you “Slip, Slop, Slap” before leaving for the beach.
We guarantee you will have a great time and will leave the beach with a huge smile on your dial. Once you start surfing, you will never want to stop.
Bookings for all lessons are essential.
IMPORTANT – Please read our Terms and Conditions page
SURFING LESSONS ARE A GREAT GIFT IDEA! BUY A FRIEND A GIFT VOUCHER and change their lives forever.
Statement from Surfing Australia and endorsed by Surfing TAS
42 South Surf School is a Licensed Member of the Surfing Australia Surfschool Network through Surfing TAS, its affiliated state branch. Surfing Australia is the peak body for Surfing in Australia and a non-profit organisation who promote a safe learning environment that is provided by licensed surfschools such as 42 South surf School. They offer quality coaching to all their clients and maintain the standards expected of Surf Schools who are part of the Surfing Australia Surfschool Network and delivering the Safe Surfing Program endorsed by the Australian Sports commission.”