nudie SurfGroms adopts an approach to learning that uses group-based games to not only equip your child with the skills they need to surf and/or SUP, but also to encourage their participation by having fun.
South Coast Surf School owner operator Pat Fasnacht first began surfing on a Midget Farrelly foamy at Blackmans Bay in 1976. 10 years later he was coaching surfing at Sport & Rec aquatic camps and was one of the first level 1 coaches in Tas.
As one of the States most experienced surf coaches Pat coached around the State from 1987- 1999 on behalf of Surfing Tas through summer clinics, girls programs and school surfing programs all around the State. South Coast Surf School was Tasmania’s first registered surf school in July 99
Now in its 12th year of operation South Coast school provides Hobart and surrounds with the best surfing experience that is safe, fun and easy. With level 1 & 2 coaches, surfers from beginner, intermediate to advanced are catered for. We are the preferred service providers for school Outdoor Programs, After school Programs, end of year school functions and athlete development programs.
The best coaches are here! Level 2 coaches Pat Fasnacht, Chris Collins, Dara Penfold and Dustin Hollick head an impressive team including Jy Johannesen, Brooke Robinson, Alice Hunter, Damon Beveridge and Clare Mc Manus.
As a PE/Outdoor education teacher for 23 years Pat is a level 2 coach and former State junior team coach and manager. Over the last 20 years he has been a contributor to the development of surf coaching, Adventure Safety Standards in Schools and The National Parks system, as well as a volunteer in almost every official capacity at Club, State surfing, School surfing and a Newspaper surfing columnist. A competitor in shortboard and longboard disciplines Pat is a regular finalist in many of the senior divisions.
South coast Surf School is Hobarts Original and Best!
In consideration of Organisers accepting my application to participate in the Program, I acknowledge, understand and agree that:
1. “Organisers” for the purposes of this declaration means the Surf School and includes, where the context so permits, Surfing Australia Ltd (“SA”), SA affiliated state surfing associations and their respective directors, officers, members, servants or agents.
2. Warning: Participating in the Program can be inherently dangerous. I understand the nature and requirements of the Program and acknowledge that serious accidents can and often do happen which may result in me being seriously injured or even killed. I have voluntarily read and understood this warning and accept and assume the inherent risks in participating in the Program.
3. Physical Fitness: I must not participate in the Program if I have any injury, disability, medical or health condition that may increase the risk of me becoming injured unless I have told SA about it and they have authorised me to participate. I declare that I am medically and physically fit and able to participate in the Program and I will immediately notify SA of any change to my fitness and ability to participate. I understand and accept that SA will continue to rely on this declaration as evidence of my fitness and ability to participate.
4. Instructions: I will at all times comply with the instructions and safety procedures of SA.
5. Medical Treatment: If required, SA will arrange medical or hospital treatment (including ambulance transportation) for me. I authorise such actions being taken by SA and agree to meet all costs associated with such action.
6. Release & Indemnity: My participation in the Program is entirely at my own risk and I agree to:
(a) Release and forever discharge SA from all liability and Claims that I may have or may have had but for this release arising from or in connection with my participation in the Program;
(b) Indemnify and hold harmless SA to the extent permitted by law in respect of any Claim by any person including but not only another participant in the Program arising as a result of or in connection with my participation in the Program.
In this clause 6 “Claims” means and includes any action, suit, proceeding, claim, demand, damage, penalty, cost or expense however arising (including negligence, trespass to the person or for breach of implied terms in the sale of services under section 74 of the Trade Practices Act (1974) Cth and equivalent provisions contained in State sale of goods or fair trading legislation).
7. Identity: Photographic and or visual images taken by SA of my participation in the Program may be used for general promotion of SA activities.
8. Privacy: I understand that the information provided by me in this form is necessary for the operation of the Program. I acknowledge and agree that the information will only be used for the objects of SA and to provide me with information pertaining to the Program and SA activities. I understand that I will be able to access my information through SA upon request. If the information is not provided I might not be permitted to participate in the Program.
I have read, understood, acknowledge and agree to the following declaration including the warning, release and indemnity.
We surf in all weather and surf conditions providing it is safe. If the surf is too big, or the conditions unsafe, then we will reschedule the lesson. If we change the time and you are unable to come to the new lesson, then we will provide a refund. Otherwise there are no refunds, transfers to other people, or cancellations.
Customer service is important to us. We want your online payment experience to be fast, friendly and most importantly secure. Our online payment site is operated by SA affiliated surf school and FareHarbor.
Our Surf School is dedicated to keeping your details private. Any information, we collect in relation to you, is kept strictly secured. We use this information to identify your orders, and to provide you with further information about your Surfing Lessons or Gift Vouchers.
When purchasing products from our surf school, your financial details are passed through our secure server using the latest 128 – bit SSL (secure sockets layer) encryption technology and it is again encrypted using encryption algorithm, which is at least 64 – bit. 128 – bit SSL encryption is approximated to take at least one trillion, trillion years to break.