nudie SurfGroms adopts an approach to learning that uses group-based games to not only equip your child with the skills they need to surf and/or SUP, but also to encourage their participation by having fun.
- Never more then 7 kids per coach
- Taught by friendly, hand-picked local surf coaches
- Covers all the basics: from paddling a surfboard, to catching waves or just developing confidence in the ocean
- Relaxed, supportive vibe
- Professional, well organised and structured lessons
- A whole Bunch of fun!
Duration: 3&4 Week Courses
This will be our 8th year running Surfgroms program at Big Wave Surfing school. We love teaching the surf groms program and we are a unique family owned and operated surf school with small children of our own.
As a father of 2 young boys and over 17 years of coaching experience leaving your child to learn with us will ensure your child will have the best possible surfing experience. We foster families and self confidence at our surf school and unlike other surf schools I the owner and head coach teach every single class we operate, making sure we are providing you with the best service available.
nudie SurfGroms not only teaches youngsters aged 5-12 surfing skills, but it also teaches them about beach safety through fun games on the sand and in shallow water. Reading surf conditions, first aid, and basic surf rescue skills are all part of the Nudie SurfGroms program. But above all, kids will have fun learning the skills that will give them the confidence to become a surfer for life.
“Pat and his crew were fantastic…excellent approach for all ages. Everyone was friendly, approachable. Lots of great tips and techniques, info about waves, winds and dangers. We loved the science bits too! Can highly recommend Big Wave…” Mrs Mashton
” The best surf school in WA…..My son and i first went to big wave surfing school 5years ago to learn the basics of surfing and we have been going back ever since. Unlike most surf schools that only teach you to stand up on a board, this school teaches beach safety and has a level system from 1-10 so if you want to learn more and improve your surfing skills then your able to progress further with confidence. The coaching staff is great as they are always willing to answer questions and give advice on anything you need to know. So if your looking for a surf school that you can learn more from, then look no further as this school offers all that you need to learn about surfing.” Kym K
“Excellent classes and the kids love Pat! Pat and his team are great with the kids and the teaching has seen our 5 and 9 year old girls ripping up the surf!! Tamara
“Big Wave Surfing offers a great family experience…….We thoroughly enjoyed our four days with Big Wave Surfing School in Jan 2018! They offered great coaching for all ages in our family and personalised their training to suit the individual’s needs. Friendly coaches; fun for all the family” Trip Adviser review
- Full length Wetsuit
- Soft Surfboard
- Every child registered for a nudie SurfGrom program will receive a Rip Curl participant pack at the start of each season. For convenience, the pack can be sent to any one of our national Delivery Centres or direct to your door.
- Each child will receive this pack only once per season.
- For convenience, the pack can be sent to any one of our national Delivery Centres or direct to your door should your program been starting within two weeks of you booking, the pack will be sent direct to your door.
The pack includes:
- Rip Curl Backpack
- Rip Curl Pencil case
- nudie SurfGroms rash-vest
- nudie brekkie
- 2XP Groms Sunscreen
- Woolworths fresh food Guide
- Hyundai Wax Comb